Toronto (July 29, 2021) — NexJ Systems Inc. (TSX: NXJ), delivering intelligent customer management software to the financial services industry, today announced financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2021.
First Quarter Summary
- $3.8M of revenue for the second quarter as compared to $4.3M in the second quarter of the previous year
- $130K in Adjusted EBITDA profit for the second quarter as compared to $582K in the second quarter of the previous year
- $179K of net loss for the second quarter as compared to $1.2M of net loss in the second quarter of the previous year
- Generated new subscription license revenue from our relationship with a leading US brokerage firm by delivering new technology that seamlessly supports multiple deployment options including public, private and hybrid clouds
- Delivered our new reporting and dashboarding platform to a multi-national European headquartered wealth management firm
- Entered the rapidly expanding RIA market through our eco-system partnership, driving more new customers onto our cloud service adding to our subscription license revenue in the past three months
- Building on our partnership with IBM, our products were released on IBM Cloud for Financial Services, designed to help address financial services institutions regulatory compliance, security and resiliency requirements
“New client acquisition and the shifting revenue mix to new subscription-based product revenue within our client base and our partner ecosystem is contributing towards higher recurring revenue,” said Paul O’Donnell, CEO of NexJ, “The journey we began in 2019 is beginning to have a positive impact and while our recognized revenue is lower than last year at this time our subscription license revenue and software contract backlog continues to grow.”
This news release includes certain measures that have not been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) such as Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA margin which are used to evaluate the Company’s operating performance as a complement to results provided in accordance with IFRS. The Company believes that Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA margin are useful supplemental information as it provides an indication of the results generated by the Company’s main business activities prior to taking into consideration how those activities are financed and taxed and also prior to taking into consideration asset depreciation and the other items listed below.
The term “Adjusted EBITDA” refers to net income (loss) before adjusting for share-based payment expense, depreciation and amortization, deferred share unit expense, restructuring costs, foreign exchange gain (loss), finance income, finance costs, and income taxes. “Adjusted EBITDA margin” refers to the percentage that Adjusted EBITDA for any period represents as a portion of total revenue for that period.
The term Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA margin are not measures recognized by IFRS and do not have standardized meanings prescribed by IFRS. Therefore, Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA margin may not be comparable to similar measures presented by other issuers. Investors are cautioned that Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted
EBITDA margin should not be construed as an alternative to net income (loss) as determined in accordance with IFRS.
About NexJ Systems Inc.
NexJ Systems provides Intelligent Customer Management to the financial services industry. Our award-winning CRM is designed to help Wealth Management, Private Banking, Corporate and Commercial Banking, and Insurance firms revolutionize their business. Powered by artificial intelligence, our products help drive productivity, boost client engagement, and increase revenue. With users in over 60 countries, our customers benefit from our deep expertise across financial services verticals, strategic investment in innovation, and commitment to their success.
Based in Toronto, NexJ has clients throughout North America, Asia Pacific and in Europe. For more information about NexJ visit www.nexj.com, e-mail email@example.com, or call 416-222-5611. Join us on LinkedIn, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or like us on Facebook.