Toronto (April 29, 2021) — NexJ Systems Inc. (TSX: NXJ), delivering intelligent customer management software to the financial services industry, today announced financial results for its first quarter ended March 31, 2021.
First Quarter Summary
- $3.93M of revenue for the first quarter as compared to $3.98M in the first quarter of the previous year
- $96K in Adjusted EBITDA profit for the first quarter is a $1.43M improvement over Adjusted EBITDA loss of $1.33M in the previous year
- $283K of net loss for the first quarter is a $971K improvement over $1.25M of net loss in the first quarter of the previous year
- Cash balance increased by $2.5M to $7.9M at the end of the quarter
- Established three strategic partnerships:
- AdvisorStream to deliver our Inform product that enables hyper-personalized content to drive improved client acquisition, engagement and retention resulting in greater share of wallet. Click here for more information
- Bill Good Marketing as a reseller of NexJ’s cloud-based CRM for wealth management creating opportunities for firms of all sizes to take advantage of our deep vertical product functionality to achieve their growth objectives. Click here for more information
- Sand Hill East LLC, to identify incremental sales opportunities and leverage their business development capabilities in the financial services market to drive revenue acceleration. Click here for more information
“Many of the world’s most recognized financial services firms continue to benefit from our solutions. This underpins our ability to generate revenue as we commercialize new products”, said Paul O’Donnell, CEO of NexJ Systems. “We remain committed to expanding our go-to-market initiatives, as evidenced by our new partnerships and our expectation is that these new initiatives will contribute to our goal of increasing our subscription license revenue this year and beyond.”
This news release includes certain measures that have not been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) such as Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA margin which are used to evaluate the Company’s operating performance as a complement to results provided in accordance with IFRS. The Company believes that Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA margin are useful supplemental information as it provides an indication of the results generated by the Company’s main business activities prior to taking into consideration how those activities are financed and taxed and also prior to taking into consideration asset depreciation and the other items listed below.
The term “Adjusted EBITDA” refers to net income (loss) before adjusting for share-based payment expense, depreciation and amortization, deferred share unit expense, restructuring costs, foreign exchange gain (loss), finance income, finance costs, and income taxes. “Adjusted EBITDA margin” refers to the percentage that Adjusted EBITDA for any period represents as a portion of total revenue for that period.
The term Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA margin are not measures recognized by IFRS and do not have standardized meanings prescribed by IFRS. Therefore, Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA margin may not be comparable to similar measures presented by other issuers. Investors are cautioned that Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted
EBITDA margin should not be construed as an alternative to net income (loss) as determined in accordance with IFRS.
About NexJ Systems Inc.
NexJ Systems provides Intelligent Customer Management to the financial services industry. Our award-winning CRM is designed to help Wealth Management, Private Banking, Corporate and Commercial Banking, and Insurance firms revolutionize their business. Powered by artificial intelligence, our products help drive productivity, boost client engagement, and increase revenue. With users in over 60 countries, our customers benefit from our deep expertise across financial services verticals, strategic investment in innovation, and commitment to their success.
Based in Toronto, NexJ has clients throughout North America, Asia Pacific and in Europe. For more information about NexJ visit www.nexj.com, e-mail email@example.com, or call 416-222-5611. Join us on LinkedIn, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or like us on Facebook.