NexJ Systems Inc., (TSX: NXJ), is a leading provider of enterprise private cloud software, delivering customer relationship management (CRM) solutions for financial services, insurance, and healthcare. Our next-generation, people-centered software combines industry-specific functionality with information from multiple applications and data stores to provide comprehensive knowledge of the individual.
NexJ Systems is ranked as Canada’s fastest growing company by PROFIT Magazine, and for the past three years, Deloitte’s Fast 50 Program has recognized NexJ as one of the five fastest growing technology companies in Canada. Based in Toronto, NexJ has clients throughout North America and in Europe.
NexJ’s Professional Services organization is responsible for the successful implementation of NexJ’s solutions to deliver business value to our customers. It is one of the largest and most critical groups in our software company. Examples of the projects and solutions that we have delivered for our customers include:
- Master data management store for a fully integrated solution reflecting the sophisticated relationship modeling needs of a leading global private wealth management firm, servicing high-net worth individuals in 6 countries on 3 continents.
- State-of-the-art integrated broker serving as a customer-centric hub for access to demographic and financial data, interactions, and transactional tools, for 40,000 users of a global wealth management company
- Integrated Agent Desktop solution for 17,000 call center, agency, and management users at a large mid-western P&C insurance company expanding nationally
- Integrated disease screening solution to identify and screen individuals at risk for colorectal cancer.
If you like working with smart, driven people in a passionate and dynamic work environment, you will love it here at NexJ. As a Solution Architect, you will act as a trusted advisor to our customers, to identify and creatively solve complex problems, design or restructure critical business and technical processes, and fundamentally enhance the way a company operates. Our Professional Services teams are passionate about delivering tangible business results for our customer, always aiming for the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
The Solution Architect has accountability for leading technical teams who create, design and implement business solutions using NexJ’s software applications, technology and methodology, to help our customers integrate and operate those solutions successfully. This includes:
- Leading teams to gather, translate and communicate customer technical and business needs into a solution architecture, and delivering these solutions on time, on budget and with greater value than expected
- Compiling and reviewing non-functional specifications, including hardware and application infrastructure requirements, security model, and deployment plans
- Working with project managers and business sponsors to develop project plans, resourcing and technical estimates
- Application support and troubleshooting, including performance tuning
- Developing customer data conversion strategies, involving batch or real-time integration with existing systems
- Leading customer site implementations of NexJ Systems solutions, including software deployment configuration
- Leveraging appropriate customer and NexJ resources (both technical and non-technical) in order to implement and deliver the project solution
- Assessing and managing risk throughout all aspects of a solution implementation
- Monitoring progress and results, and making adjustments as needed
- Providing technical sales support including the completion of RFx documentation
This position requires a highly-focused, dynamic individual with outstanding technical leadership experience, enthusiasm, initiative, and a strong desire to accelerate your career by leading an energetic, and driven team in a fast-paced and high-growth environment. Key requirements include:
- University or graduate degree, with a preference in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Seven (7) or more years of proven consulting and technical leadership experience on large-scale enterprise software implementation(s) for Financial Services organizations, such as Wealth Management, Life Insurance, P&C Insurance, Investment or Retail Banking, or Health
- Proven hands-on experience with the design, development, deployment and support of software projects using packaged software as the foundation
- Development background with experience in Java, C++, and/or C# programming languages
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, and programming patterns
- Demonstrated experience and applied knowledge of Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Model-driven development and design (Rational Rose, UML)
- Enterprise application architectures and SOA design
- Experience with deployment and configuration of J2EE container applications, preferably IBM WebSphere or JBoss, on various enterprise OS (AIX, Solaris, Windows, Linux, etc)
- Experience with communication server applications and deployments, including Exchange, Blackberry and Mobile applications
- Enterprise-level database experience (preferably Oracle, MSSQL, and/or DB2), including SQL generation and optimization as well as schema design experience
- Familiar with data warehousing, data marts, report generation (Crystal, Jasper, Cognos) and ETL
- Knowledge of enterprise-level security concepts and methodologies, including SSO, SSL, encryption, authentication and entitlements
- Performance testing, analysis, and application tuning across integrated platforms
- Strong communicator with demonstrated confidence
- Customer focused with a high degree of professionalism
- Solutions focused with a track record of taking initiative to find the best ideas
- Willingness and experience working within a flexible and collaborative team environment
Candidates will be working directly with customers and will be required to travel (mainly within Canada and to the US) and work at customer sites.
To apply for the position:
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job you are applying for in the subject line. New or recent graduates, please include your educational transcripts. Your application will be kept on file in our internal database; we encourage you to update and resubmit your resume to reflect changes as they arise and to revisit our website for new opportunities.
All final stage candidates will be required to complete a background check which includes, credit, criminal, education verification and reference checks. We uphold high standards at NexJ Systems. If you have any questions regarding our process, please don’t hesitate to ask.