NexJ Systems Inc., (TSX: NXJ), is a leading provider of enterprise private cloud software, delivering customer relationship management (CRM) solutions for financial services, insurance, and healthcare. Our next-generation, people-centered software combines industry-specific functionality with information from multiple applications and data stores to provide comprehensive knowledge of the individual.
NexJ Systems is ranked as Canada’s fastest growing company by PROFIT Magazine, and for the past three years, Deloitte’s Fast 50 Program has recognized NexJ as one of the five fastest growing technology companies in Canada. Based in Toronto, NexJ has clients throughout North America and in Europe.
Do you delight in figuring out how to break software applications? Does it satisfy you to make things ‘work right’? This position is an excellent opportunity to extend your technical career in Quality Assurance. Your methodical, deliberate and analytic mindset coupled with enthusiasm and willingness to learn will have a direct impact on the company’s success through the quality of its products. As a QA Analyst you will assume overall responsibility for the quality of NexJ Products and contribute to the success of the product through early involvement in the product life-cycle.
- Develop, document and implement test methodology, procedures, processes and schedules
- Create QA test plans for product releases based on the functional designs
- Design and develop QA test cases and scripts
- Create test data, tools and environments as required to support testing
- Conduct QA tests and gather, analyze and summarize test results against plans
- Effectively communicate test results to project/product team members
- Create, log, track and close defects throughout the software development process
- Work closely with the team to verify and validate fixes and updates
- Identify missing or erroneous test information through closed loop analysis and develop appropriate solutions
- Contribute as part of cross functional Scrum team to deliver product through requirement gathering/analysis, planning, design, development and documentation as required
- Drive continuous efficiency improvements through adoption and creation of productivity tools and testing automation
- Performance, scalability, load, integration and regression testing
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to take on ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
- Ability to work individually or as part of a collaborative product development team
- Strong technical background and ability to learn and work with complicated functional and/or technical concepts
- Detail oriented and a critical eye for UI design and usability
- Experience with automated test tools and test script creation
- Understanding of object oriented programming and services oriented architecture a definite plus
- SQL and relational database familiarity (e.g. MS SQL, DB2, Oracle, MySQL,…)
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Entry level role and new Graduates are preferred
To apply for the position
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include the job you are applying for in the subject line. New or recent graduates, please include your educational transcripts. Your application will be kept on file in our internal database; we encourage you to update and resubmit your resume to reflect changes as they arise and to revisit our website for new opportunities.
All final stage candidates will be required to complete a background check which includes, credit, criminal, education verification and reference checks. We uphold high standards at NexJ Systems. If you have any questions regarding our process please don’t hesitate to ask.