NexJ Systems Inc. (TSX: NXJ) is a provider of cloud-based software, delivering enterprise relationship management solutions for the financial services, insurance and healthcare industries. Our next-generation software combines information from multiple applications and data stores to provide comprehensive knowledge of the customer, which is delivered through any cloud platform.
Deloitte’s Fast 50™Program has recognized NexJ as one of the five fastest growing technology companies in Canada for the past three consecutive years. Based in Toronto, NexJ has clients throughout North America and in Europe. For more information, visit us at www.nexj.com and www.nexjhealth.com.
NexJ’s Professional Services organization is responsible for the successful implementation of NexJ’s solutions to deliver business value to our customers. It is one of the largest and most critical groups in our software company. Examples of the projects and solutions that we have delivered for our customers include:
- Master data management store for a fully integrated solution reflecting the sophisticated relationship modeling needs of a leading global private wealth management firm, servicing high-net worth individuals in 6 countries on 3 continents.
- State-of-the-art integrated broker serving as a client-centric hub for access to demographic and financial data, interactions, and transactional tools, for 40,000 users of a global wealth management company
- Integrated Agent Desktop solution for 17,000 call center, agency, and management users at a large mid-western P&C insurance company expanding nationally
- Integrated disease screening solution to identify and screen individuals at risk for colorectal cancer.
If you like working with smart, driven people in a passionate and dynamic work environment, you will love it here at NexJ. As a Functional Professional Services Consultant, you will act as a trusted advisor to our customers, to identify and creatively solve complex problems, design or restructure critical business and processes, and fundamentally enhance the way a company operates. Our Professional Services teams are passionate about delivering tangible business results for our customer, always aiming for the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
The Functional Professional Services Consultant has accountability for gathering and analyzing customer business requirements, and driving the designs to implement business solutions using NexJ’s software applications, technology and methodology, to help our customers integrate and operate those solutions successfully. This includes:
- Facilitating requirement discussions with customers on scope, gaps, and business risks
- Collaborating with NexJ Product Management to translate requirements and drive solution designs, which meet our customers’ critical business needs, while aligning to NexJ’s product vision and roadmap
- Providing project guidance for business decisions relating to functional design and ensuring that technical development adheres to functional specification
- Developing test strategies and managing the testing cycle
- Representing customer interests to manage, triage, and prioritize defects that result from testing, while managing customer expectations on change
- Supporting Project Management with status reporting, release planning, issue management, change management, customer communications, release notes, task assignments and team direction
This position requires a highly-focused, technically savvy individual who has experience with business analysis, consulting, project management, and software development. A strong desire to accelerate your career by working in a high growth, fast paced environment, with the confidence to be a key contributor on a young, energetic and driven team, is essential. Key requirements include:
- University or graduate degree, with a preference in Business, Software Engineering, or Computer Science
- Three (3) or more years of proven consulting experience gathering and analyzing business requirements, and drafting functional designs to deliver large-scale enterprise software implementation(s) for Financial Services organizations, such as Wealth Management, Life Insurance, P&C Insurance, Investment Banking and Retail Banking
- Experience implementing software projects using packaged software as the foundation, from inception to post-production
- Applied knowledge of Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Strong communicator with demonstrated confidence
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Customer focused with a high degree of professionalism
- Solutions focused with a track record of taking initiative to find the best ideas
- Willingness and experience working within a flexible and collaborative team environment
Candidates will be working directly with customers and will be required to travel (mainly within Canada and to the US) and work at customer sites.
To apply for the position:
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include the job you are applying for in the subject line. New or recent graduates, please include your educational transcripts.
All final stage candidates will be required to complete a background check which includes, credit, criminal, education verification and reference checks. We uphold high standards at NexJ Systems. If you have any questions regarding our process please don’t hesitate to ask.